There are so many eye creams out there, it’s hard to navigate and find the one that works best. Or really, one that works at all. I consider myself somewhat of an expert on eye creams, and I have some pretty high standards. I need three things out of my eye creams:
- Banish bags: I can get super puffy eyes, mostly from allergies, but sometimes my face just likes to freak out. There isn’t much rhyme or reason to it, but I need something that can get rid of that awful swelling.
- Remove dark circles: probably similar to the above – I tend to get “allergy shiners,” and I’ve talked about this dark circles phenomenon before. Whatever the cause, I need something to banish the circles, because makeup can only do so much.
- Keep the wrinkles at bay: I’m starting to get some laugh lines, and I’m not happy about it at all. And since this is a relatively new thing for me, I’ve had to pay more attention to this need.
So here are my current best eye creams that take care of all three:
- Tatcha Ageless Revitalizing Eye Cream: one year ago, I would have thought that this formula is way too thick for my breakout-prone skin. But what I’ve found out is that not only does it meet my three basic needs, it also fades sun spots. I had a small spot forming, because in the ’80s, we didn’t wear sunscreen. I’m not sure we even knew what it was. But we loved tan accelerators, and my face is beginning to show it.
- Lift Lab Lift + Firm Eye Cream: this banished my dark circles in no time at all. It was also nice and light, and didn’t make me feel as if I had oil slicks under my eyes. I also saw a decrease in those laugh lines, but you have to keep using it to get a permanent benefit.
- ybf correct: my correct has been a staple of my skincare routine for years. I love how this seems to actually tighten up the under eye skin. I don’t know what fancy ingredient does that, but I saw a huge difference after two weeks of using this, and continue to use it to this day.
- Lancôme Genifique Yeux: this whole line is just decadent, but the eye cream is a stand-out. It made the area under my eyes feel amazing. Not that I don’t have amazing-feeling skin, but it made my under-eye like butter.
- Derma ProMedics Eye Renewal: this was almost a gel, so it felt amazingly cool and didn’t bother my oily skin. Super light and smells like cucumbers, I was pleasantly pleased at the line-plumping ability.
So those are my favorites. Do you have an eye cream that you love the best? And more importantly, what do you want out of a little expensive jar of cosmetic goodness?
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."