The Makeup Show is turning five years old this year, and is the largest pro beauty event in the United States. There are two shows in the United States, NYC and LA, and there are rumors of the show heading to Europe – but we didn’t get many more juicy details than that.
Vincent declared that the show is highlighting the artists that are changing the industry, bringing with them new technology and products such as high definition and mineral makeup. There is a great deal of focus on what is new or up and coming, so look for lots of juicy details soon.
Some highlights of what we will be checking out tomorrow:
- TEMPTU makeup airbrushing system with the pod technology has released a new blush collection. I plan on taking a seminar on airbrushing as a whole and get caught up with this new technology, as it sounds fascinating
- Make Up For Ever has a lot going on this year, from their new Aqua Cream waterproof shadows to their just-released HD Microfinish Blush. MUFE founder Dani Sanz has released a limited run (100 copies) called the Makeup and the Artistry that she is selling and donating the proceeds to Somaly Mom, a foundation to help prevent sex trafficking.
- I’m excited to be introduced to Inglot cosmetics. I don’t know much about them yet, but they appear to be Canadian, and have opened up a store in Times Square, NYC. When I was in town for Fashion Week last February, I tried to stop in and browse, but they were closing early due to inclement weather so I wasn’t able to find out much about them.
- Stila is also exhibiting and talking about their new product One Step PrimeColor, which combines primer, eyeshadow, highlighter, lip color, cheek color, and bronzer. Sounds far to good to be true, and a report will be forthcoming.
- My favorite skin care line, Mario Badescu is here. Vincent described their products as being able to help “skin take care of itself,” which I think is beautifully accurate.
- 3 Custom Color is here, and will be educating us on their new line of ready to wear lipsticks that provide full coverage. 3 Custom Color’s claim to fame (and it is immense) is being able to match any color that “exists, that you can dream up, or is discontinued,” according to Vincent.
- Smashbox is showing off their new products, especially their Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder in yellow. I was able to play with it yesterday and was blown away by how soft it felt! An amazing formulation that I can’t wait to find out more about. The yellow is designed to brighten and even the skin tone, and we will be putting it to the test soon.
A lot more is coming soon, new lines to talk about, and even more new products to discuss. Stay tuned!